Saturday, October 1, 2016

What in the world?

Every year the month of October rolls around (no surprise) and for the last few years, I have been reading / following many of the 31 Days of Writing Blog Challenges. However, I have never joined in, but this year I am going to jump in.  Mostly to challenge myself  to develop more of a habit of writing / blogging and to explore the topic of worldview.

Webster's short definition of WORLDVIEW is the way someone thinks about the world.

                                                   
Image result for worldview
In the coming month, I want to explore this topic as I feel it is so relevant for the time we are living in.  It is important because our worldview COLORS, DEFINES, EXPLAINS (our thinking).  It show how we THINK, REACT, and JUDGE (situations).  And exposes ACTIONS, ATTITUDES, and BEHAVIORS.  

As I interact with so many people from different walks of life, backgrounds, and experiences, I am curious as to why folks believe what they believe or think what they think.  In this curiosity, I have been pondering my own worldview.  Why do I think the way I do?  Where am I coming from on topics?  What shapes views?

Take a look at this short 3 minute video on worldview...it will shed light on how people's worldview play out in real-life situations (although the video is more like a cartoon??)





Join me during this month of October as we reflect on our worldview and ask ourselves some questions along the way.

#31daysofwriting


No comments:

Post a Comment