Sunday, October 16, 2016

What in the World? Prayer

                                                                      Image result for sleepless
Last night, I went to bed, fell asleep, woke up, and could not fall back to sleep.  Sound familiar?

Rolling around in my head were many topics: work projects, friends, work frustrations, past conversations, writing this blog series, work fears...  

I also replayed part of conversation with my husband regarding my work situation and started to pray. I felt like my thoughts were a jumbled mess of truth of God as well as realities of the current stressful situation with too many tasks and deadlines with not near the time to complete them.  The questioning begins: How am I going to get it all done, this is unfair, fear of failure, what if's...you get the picture.

As I wrestled with these thoughts, I questioned whether or not God would hear this prayer.  My first response was no, I need to clean up these thoughts and make them more neat and orderly to present to God.  Then He will hear my prayer.  But as soon as this thought was out of my head...that is not true.

Philippians 4:6 tells us to not be anxious for anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. The New Living translation says Tell God what you need and thank Him for what He has done.

Additionally, we are to approach the throne of God boldly.  Sometimes that is hard to do because we are approaching our perfect heavenly Father, who is sovereign over all things.  But the reality is He is just as eager to answer as we are to ask.

Image result for God and santa
Now there are some caveats to this, as God is not Santa Claus or the genie in the bottle just wanting to grant our every wish, but when we ask in faith, believing, God will answer our prayers there is no telling what God will do.  In the process, He may change our thoughts, actions, and attitudes rather than the situation.
                                                                                              Image result for prayer changes me

#write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment