Thursday, October 6, 2016

What in the World? Change



Image result for change
I have been pondering the question of change in a person's worldview.  Can a person's worldview change?  I think the simple answer to this question is yes, a worldview can change. Change occurs by maturing, life experiences, exposure to different situations and people, and most importantly by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 12:2 states "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

In my own life, I am in the process of developing my palate to eat seafood.  I did not grow up eating seafood (except fried shrimp).  As I have grown and matured, I have come to find that I like lobster, some fish (especially with a delicious sauce), and am especially fond of jumbo lump crab cakes.  This has come through experiencing tasty seafood through exposure to eating various types of seafood.  For the record, I am still not wild about scallops, clams, and sushi.

The same is true in our spiritual life.  We must avail ourselves to have exposure to Christ's word in order for Him transform us from the inside out.  That is not say that God will only change us when we are in His word, but remember that Scripture is our filter.  When we are in God's word it WILL affect our thinking patterns and change us for the better into the person that Christ wants us to be.

#write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment