Saturday, October 31, 2015

Things I learned in October



I've wanted to do this type of post and link up with Emily Freeman (Chatting at the Sky) for a quite a long time and now tonight's the night as Rod Stewart would say. 

Every month Emily invites those who wish to participate to share what they have learned in October both serious and silly.  So here goes...

1.  October is a beautiful transitional month. The weather is a mix of warm and chilly.  The fall leaves are beautiful as they change colors like a chameleon. Below is a picture taken one morning this week right before I left for work.



2.  I love stories.  I love to tell stories and I love to hear other peoples stories.  I got the opportunity to co-lead a retreat where stories were shared and celebrated.  I was so blessed by the snippets of the stories shared.



3.

Morgan Harper Nichols (Jamie Grace's sister)  has a great song called StoryTeller.




4.  Awesome article that explains extroverted introverts.  
19-real-life-examples-extroverted-introvert-you-dont-get-confused?dgs=1

5.  I am coming out of a busy season from the start of the school year through the end of this month. I have felt a little like the rat on the wheel.  Keep going on and on to the next task.  Although all the activities, assignments, and tasks are all for good, I still feel worn out. In this process,  I am continually learning Ecclesiastes 3 "For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven" is right.  I can have seasons of business, but I also must pull back and let myself breath and refresh.  If my well is dry, then I have nothing to go give.  So I plan to enter the month of November with a deep breath of gratitude and tune into Christ to refill my well.


Please join me for a month of gratitude in November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment